• Successful Neighborhood Clean up in July
• Working with the Exec Board to redesign the community park on South Gordon
ENGAGEMENT & Development
• Successful Vine Clean up in February
YOUTH & EDUCATION
• Organized and hosted Westview's 1st annual community career fair for the youth. The objective of the Community Career Fair is to expose our community youth to unique careers & entrepreneurship.
• Introduced the Youth of the Month program. This program honors a Westview Youth for their outstanding performance in the community. March was awarded to one of our youths for his entrepreneurship skills.
• Ideating ways to utilize Stokes Park for our Youth. Check back for further updates.
Communications & events
• Successfully launched the WCO Store!
• Held the first Westview Porch Party since 2019 by hosting the Atlanta Community Symphony Orchestra in June with over 120 neighbors in attendance!
• Working with the new CDC COVID guidelines to begin hosting porch parties.
• Currently planning some WCO fundraisers to help with the Pride kickoff event in October.
The NPU and Advocacy Committee operates under two old axioms: “knowledge is power” and “there’s strength in numbers.” We organize community conversations on the issues of the day with the goal of helping Westview residents engage with state and city leaders in the policy-making process.
The committee has partnered with NPU-T and other nearby neighborhoods to plan a City Council District 4 candidates forum later this summer.
In April of this year, we launched the “Westview University” speaker series with an expert panel discussion, “A Place for Everyone: How Inclusion-based development can stop displacement, promote equity, and spread economic opportunity in your neighborhood." Future topics we hope to tackle include how to stay safe from financial predators and what ordinary people can do to make our political system work for ordinary people.
Come help us generate more of these conversations and get to know each other better in the process.
ZONING & PUBLIC SAFETY
• Worked with city officials and ATL Plus to help enforce parking issues. Blocking and parking in driveways is a towable offense.
• Developing a guide book to help provide recommendations for anyone looking to renovate a house within Westview.
• Partners with Major Griffin, Zone 4 Commander, to address/follow up with any safety concerns.
No pictures to show